Unstuck is an interactive application version of the 2004 book, Unstuck: A Tool for Yourself, Your Team, and Your World by Keith Yamashita and Sandra Spataro.
This is App is interesting, because it isn’t just shifting from print media to a digital, for example an ebook. It is actually utilizing the change-over to a tablet device, there is a reason behind it and a solid use for the new format.
Put simply (in print format) they identified the symptoms of being stuck, introduced readers to the Serious Seven states of “stuck”—from “Overwhelmed” to “Exhausted” to “Alone”—and offered dozens of in-the-moment tools, techniques, and examples to generate immediate ideas, whether you needed to back up in order to move forward, motivate a struggling team, change your goals, or inspire yourself with a clearer picture of where you’re headed.
The app in the same way as the book, takes this same process and uses prompts in a digital format to guide the user to become “unstuck”. A nice, clean, understandable reason to actually use the new format of a tablet device.
The core idea of the app is: Why do the most brilliant people get stuck? How do they identify that they’ve hit a roadblock–personal or professional?
After 18years of business consultancy, Keith Yamashita co-founder of the successful firm SYPartners aims to help people find clarification and become unstuck. Using the tools he has developed over this time, havingworked with business giants such as IBM, Sony, Disney, HP, and Nike.
From this perspective, being stuck isn’t a pejorative term, but rather means that what you’re trying to achieve is working out in a different, unexpected way. The app SYPartners is developing visualizes the decision-making process for getting yourself unstuck, and exposes intuitive actionable knowledge that can unlock new behavior.
- If you can focus on how you got stuck, it is easier to identify in other areas in your life what’s blocking you.
- Really brilliant people can find and know what is getting them stuck clearly and without negativity.
- The ‘Unstuck’ app will lift people up and inspire them to adopt creative behaviors.
- It identifies which archetype of ‘stuck’ you are in that moment, and suggests a specific tool per type.
- The app is a part of a community of experts who will lend advice to help people get unstuck.
The application for ipad will be released soon, and more information is available at unstuck.com